Timber Reigns Supreme: A Building Marvel
Timber stands as an unparalleled building material, reigning as the most widely utilized option across the globe. Its versatility, eco-friendliness, lightness, and affordability render it a cornerstone of construction. When treated properly, timber can endure the test of time, becoming a stalwart companion in the realm of architecture. It plays a pivotal role in our construction processes, forming a substantial portion of remarkable Cape Reed structures.
A Time-Honored Marvel with Modern Challenges
For centuries, timber has been a revered choice in construction due to its multitude of advantages. Nonetheless, architects and builders grapple with a critical challenge: how to extend the life and resilience of timber structures. This quandary brings us to the significance of timber treatment. This discourse delves into the world of timber treatment, shedding light on the ingenious TanE Timber Treatment. We’ll uncover its merits, delving into the reasons behind its preference within the construction sphere.
The Innovation of TanE Timber Treatment: A Fusion of Tradition and Technology
Presenting TanE Timber Treatment, a revolutionary technique that seamlessly marries traditional treatment methodologies with cutting-edge technologies. The acronym “TanE” represents “Tannin Extract,” a natural compound derived from specific plants and trees. This transformative treatment harnesses the potency of tannins to fortify timber, endowing it with remarkable resistance to decay, termites, and fungal assaults.
Elevated Quality Through Pressure Treatment
At the heart of our commitment to deliver premium quality and enduring products lies the practice of pressure treating all structural timber to exacting standards. This meticulous approach not only safeguards the timber’s integrity but also prioritizes the well-being of our valued clientele.
For this we prefer timber treated with Tanalised E™ (Tan-E™) wood preservative for a number of reasons:
Tan-E provides long term protection against insects, wood decay and natural weathering, extending the service life of the timber.
- Tan-E contains copper and organic biocides, minimising environmental impact.
- Tan-E is used to treat both sawn timber and pole products.
- Tan-E provides long term protection against insects (wood borer, termites, etc), wood decay and natural weathering, extending the service life of the timber.
- Tan-E penetrates and is retained within the wood cell structure during the treatment process and cannot be easily removed.
- Tan-E is the preservative of choice to use to treat wood for use in Green Building projects, in close human contact applications such as play equipment, decking, walkways and conservation structures.
- Tan-E treated wood is verified by Ecospecifier Global. This verification is a guarantee to customers and professionals alike that all key manufacturer health and environmental claims are third party verified. Furthermore, these claims are assessed in a thorough scientific manner using a Life Cycle Thinking (LCT) analysis in combination with a health and eco-toxicity screening.
Championing Sustainability in Construction
In the realm of contemporary construction, sustainability claims a central role. TanE Timber Treatment seamlessly integrates with this ethos, drawing from renewable resources while refraining from introducing harmful chemicals into the environment. Architects and builders increasingly opt for TanE-treated timber to meet stringent green building benchmarks and contribute to a more eco-conscious future.
Empowering Timber’s Endurance
Timber’s innate virtues are undeniable, yet its longevity can be significantly bolstered with proper treatment. Enter TanE Timber Treatment, an eco-friendly marvel that champions durability and sustainability. By harnessing the power of tannin extracts, this treatment fortifies timber against decay, pests, and fungi, emerging as a preferred choice across global construction endeavors.
Elevating Trust through Tan-E™
The definitive choice in timber treatment, Tan-E™ stands as a cornerstone of our ability to confidently extend a 15-year guarantee to our timber and thatch structures. With Tan-E™, we shape a promise of enduring quality and resilience, a testament to the remarkable potency of innovative timber treatment techniques.
TanE Timber Treatment is compatible with most timber species commonly used in construction. However, it is essential to consult with professionals to ensure the compatibility and suitability for specific projects.
Initially, there may be a slight color change due to the treatment process, but over time, the timber will regain its natural color and appearance.
Many reputable timber suppliers and construction companies offer TanE-treated timber. It is recommended to research local suppliers or consult with architects and builders for recommendations.