The humble pergola has long been considered a classic concept, but who said classic had to be boring…with a little bit of creativity, you can easily pimp your pergola to become an outdoor must-have that will effortlessly boost the overall beauty of your garden landscape.
Pergolas can be designed in a wide variety of shapes and sizes and can be built using all sorts of different building materials. This versatility makes them easy to customize and decorate to provide you with a shading solution that’s tailor-made to your unique style, taste and requirements.
Here are 15 ways to pimp your pergola:
1. Sanding your structure reveals the natural colour of the timber to add a beautiful rustic touch to your pergola.
2. Add some contemporary swing chairs in a peaceful corner to create a blissful spot that’s perfect for reading, relaxing or have your morning coffee.
3. Climbers and pergolas come together beautifully to add a tropical, bohemian touch to your outdoor living area.
4. Swing the day away in a classic hammock that’s easy to attach to your pergola bearers.
5. Add some texture and a touch of quirky design to your pergola by enclosing the columns with planter boxes and white-washed laths.
6. Draping sailing ropes between bearers adds a nautical theme to your pergola – an easy DIY project to spruce up your structure!
7. Fixing woven lath screens between columns adds a touch of privacy and rustic beauty that will easily turn your pergola into the focal point of your garden.
8. With some fairy-lights and a comfy, cozy swinging sofa, a simple pergola becomes the perfect place to enjoy your garden landscape.
9. Horizontally fixed timber slates provide an excellent foothold for creepers and vertical gardens to start thriving.
10. Comfy seating, a table and woven lampshades makes this a super chic hangout to dine with family and friends alike.
11. A daybed suspended from the rafters is an excellent way to add some playful character to your pergola.
12. Pergolas can easily be decorated to theme a party, celebration or season!
13. Stringing some light around your pergola columns and bearers will create a soft, romantic ambience with minimal effort.
14. A classic white-wash adds a Mediterranean touch to your poolside pergola.
15. Some comfy seating is all you need to create a stylish outdoor entertainment area to make the most of your outdoor living space.
So, light it up, swing it around and treat yourself to a place in which to relax and socialize without leaving the comfort of your home.
Go on, pimp it up!