The Lido Beach Pepe restaurant has been a familiar sight on Marbella’s popular Las Chapas beach for many years. What started out as a small snack bar in 1988, evolved and expanded over the years to better serve the community and its customers, the most recent being a total renovation of the restaurant.
“Out with the old an in with the new” would be an apt description of what took place to get this beach bar ready for the summer season – much of the old building was torn down, leaving only the basic structure behind.
Cape Reed’s team in Spain played a significant role in this amazing transformation and was responsible for:
- A stunning laminated timber roof structure that rests on RC columns and beams with timber tongue-and-groove cladding creating the contrasting ceiling detail.
- On the outside, a layer of natural thatch covers the entire roof area, to add a tropical touch to the restaurant.
- A brand new timber decked terrace that leads from the restaurant to the beach side.
- A gorgeous clear treated pine timber pergola over the terrace that enables guests to dine and socialize in an outdoor setting.
- Timber wall cladding on the inside and outside of the restaurant, to add a rustic touch to the chiringuito ambience of the establishment.
Whether you pop in for a quick drink or stay for a meal, the light and breezy atmosphere welcomes patrons to enjoy unspoilt views of the Mediterranean Sea, right on the beachfront.