The UAE is a modern and dynamic country immersed in culture and history, a fascinating place where traditionalism meets modernism and technology is integrated with traditional values.
If you are planning (or dreaming of!) a visit here, be sure to check out these great destinations!
1. Sofitel Dubai The Palm Resort and Spa, Palm Jumeirah, allow clients to escape the stress of the concrete jungle and relax in a natural paradise. The facilities offer a unique re-earthing experience, creating a sanctuary of tranquility that takes the edge off modern rigidity by creating the natural flows of Africa.
2. Atlantis is a majestic 5 star Dubai hotel situated on the Palm, a man-made island that has captured the world’s imagination with its magnificent scale and ingenuity.
From the hotel architecture to the award-winning restaurants and must-visit aquatic attractions, Atlantis is one of Dubai’s luxury resorts that never ceases to amaze.
3. The romantic Sir Bani Yas Island is located on the plains of the 4,100 hectare Arabian Wildlife Park in Abu Dhabi. This resort comprises 60 luxury Anantara Al Sahel and Al Yamm Villas, as well as the water sports centre and various public areas.
The entire project has been built with sustainable design features, perfectly complementing the island’s delicate ecosystem and the island’s rugged environment. The design of the villas was inspired by the traditional Arabic fishing and pearl diving villages and their barasti lodging, hence the use of traditional thatch roofing, meaning guests can experience five-star luxury with an authentic touch.
4. Dubai’s most unique venue, The Royal Island Beach Club, a Caribbean-style beach club aimed at high-flyers. The Royal Island Beach Club is the first commercial development to open on Dubai’s famous offshore island project The World.
Located on the island of Lebanon and situated about four kilometres out to sea, it takes approximately 30 minutes by water taxi to reach this exclusive establishment. With a choice of two beaches, along with a swimming pool, onsite Beach Volleyball court and Dubai’s hottest dining hotspot, Toro Blanco, The Island accommodates all comers.
5. With its white sands and beautiful waters, Al Maya Island & Resort is the perfect getaway destination for residents and tourists in need of an escape from the bustling city, to be able to enjoy a unique Arabic experience within the capital of the United Arab Emirates.
Surrounded by magnificent blue waters and white sandy beach, Al Maya Island & Resort is located offshore, approx. 3.5 nautical miles or 9 kilometres southwest of Abu Dhabi Island, approximately 10 minutes by boat. Al Maya Island & Resort lies within a tranquil and beautiful environment and gives guests of all ages, a unique spot to experience the perfect holiday break in Abu Dhabi.
6. The sophisticated and inviting Le Meridien Hotel in Dubai, is a hidden haven in a big and busy city, offering 5-star accommodation to guests from all over the globe.
A stone’s throw away from the Dubai Airport, this hotel is renowned for their excellent service and beautiful facilities. Complete with 18 restaurants and bars, a world-class health club, spa, tennis courts and five temperature controlled swimming pools, relaxation is definitely a top priority!
The best time to visit the UAE is during the winter months, from November to March when the weather is pleasant and suitable for outdoor activities.
While swimwear is acceptable on public beaches, it’s essential to respect local customs and wear modest clothing when outside beach areas.
Yes, avoid photographing government buildings, military installations, and individuals without their permission, as it may be considered offensive or illegal.